Six Tips To Help You Dress Your Mannequin
In the retail industry, learning how to dress a mannequin and other displays is a vital part of promoting the items offered in your store. When the right mannequin is used and dressed properly, sales can increase by 70 percent. For those who are struggling in the sales department, a new mannequin may just be the perfect solution.
Of course, the sales increase will depend on more than just the location of the mannequin in the store. It will also depend on the lifestyle that the mannequin creates. The way that the customer feels when viewing the mannequin will also play a role in whether or not they decide to make a purchase. Of course, if the mannequin is not dressed properly, you are not likely to see much in the way of sales increases. In some cases, customers will see the clothing displayed on mannequins and automatically make a purchase just because they are under the impression that those particular clothing items are in style and on trend.
When clothing items are dressed on a mannequin, they are displayed in an immaculate way. The mannequin’s perfect figure will complement the garment. The garment itself will be free from wrinkles so that it looks perfect when on display. Customers will see how well the garment looks on the mannequin and immediately want the item for themselves. Finding a mannequin from a reputable supplier like Mannequin Mall will ensure that you find that perfect mannequin to complement your clothing items.
Encouraging The Shopping Mentality
The truth is that when most customers shop in a physical store, they are not really in the buying mindset. Their minds are focused on other important things, such as what they are going to make for dinner or what time they need to pick up the kids from soccer practice. They are simply browsing through your store. It is up to you to make them stop what they are doing and change their mindset. Mannequins are far more effective at persuading buyers to make a purchase than a garment on a hangar.
In order to truly make the most out of your mannequin, you need to learn how to dress it properly and how to display it in the most effective way.
- Find the right garment for display: Take your time when selecting garments to be displayed. If you plan on having more than one mannequin on display, you should make sure that the outfits complement each other well. You can finish of the mannequin display with accessories to really complete the look. Always choose a garment size that fits your mannequin properly. You do not want to use oversized clothing as it will display the clothing in an inaccurate way.
- Dress the mannequin appropriately: When dressing the mannequin, always start with the legs. Begin with the socks and end with the most prominent piece of clothing on display. For example, if you plan on placing a jacket on the mannequin, you want to make sure that this particular item is put on last. This will ensure that there is minimal creasing and wrinkling of the garment.
- Make sure that the clothing items are flawless: Before you place the garments on the mannequin, make sure that you steam and iron them to remove all wrinkles and creases. Always remember to iron on the reverse side of the garment. Otherwise, this will create a sheen that may make the clothing look cheap when under display lighting.
- Dress from the bottom to the top: As mentioned earlier, one of the first items that you want to place on the mannequin is the “bottoms.” This may be a skirt, a dress or a pair of pants. If you are placing pants on the mannequin, you want to ensure that you place the clothing item over both feet and then place the shoes on.
- Take care when dressing the torso: Dressing the torso of a mannequin can be tricky. Because this is such a highly visible part of the mannequin, you want to ensure that you dress it properly. If place a t-shirt of other type of shirt that does not open up, you will need to remove the arms and place the top on the torso of the mannequin. Once the top has been placed on the torso, you can then secure the arms in place.
- Complete the look: Once the garments are all in place, you can start completing the look. Starting at the neckline area and working your way down, you will need to make sure that there are no creases or wrinkles anywhere on the garments. Make sure that collars are straight and that all buttons are lined up symmetrically. You want to create a clean and polished look that is well put together. This is what will attract customers.